After purchasing a new iPad, you must be wondering how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad. The Apple Pencil is one of the best styluses which are most compatible with iPads. This pencil is ideal for writing, shading, and sketching if you don’t want to touch your iPad screen. To take full advantage of this device, you need to know how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad. There are two versions of the Apple Pencil: 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. Here, I’ve given steps for connecting both devices to the iPad. Let us now find out how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad before purchasing one!
How To Connect Apple Pencil To iPad?
Using the following two methods, you can learn how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad.
- By Using Apple Pencil 1st Generation
- By Using Apple Pencil 2nd Generation
It is very important to know the difference between both Apple Pencils because both devices don’t support all iPad devices. Make sure you get the correct Apple Pencil generation before you start. Without wasting much time, let’s check out how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad Pro.
Connect Apple Pencil By Using Apple Pencil 1st Generation
We will first start with the Apple Pencil 1st Gen as it comes with a lightning connector. Follow these steps to know how to connect Apple Pencil 1 to iPad.
- Take the Apple Pencil in hand to remove its back cap.
- This will expose the lightning output of the pencil.
- Now, plug in the Apple Pencil to your iPad’s lightning connector.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPad to connect the pencil.
- A pop-up message asking for Bluetooth Pairing Request will appear on your iPad.
- Tap on Pair to accept this request.
Thus, the Apple Pencil will stay connected till users turn on Airplane Mode, restart the iPad, or connect the pencil with another iPad. Make sure the Apple Pencil is fully charged before you connect it to your iPad.
Note: You can use the same procedure to know how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad Air and iPad mini.
Let us now check out how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad without plugging in.
Connect Apple Pencil By Using Apple Pencil 2nd Generation
The second-generation Apple Pencil can be paired to the iPad magnetically! Follow these steps to know how to connect Apple Pencil 2 to iPad.
- First, turn on and unlock your iPad.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPad to connect the pencil.
- Now, locate the magnetic connector on your iPad’s side.
- Hold your iPad in portrait mode to place the pencil on the magnetic connector.
- After a while, a Bluetooth Pairing Request will appear on your screen.
- Tap on Pair to accept this pairing request.
Once your 2nd Gen Apple Pencil is paired, you’re ready to do your tasks! Make sure you change the pencil for a while before first use.
Now, you must be wondering how to connect Apple Pencil 2 to the iPad 8th or 9th Generation? Apple Pencil 2 unfortunately doesn’t pair with iPad 8th and 9th Generation. You’ll need Apple Pencil 1 for these iOS models.
How To Step Up Apple Pencil
In the above section, I’ve explained how to pair Apple Pencil 2 with an iPad. You can follow these steps if you want to set up your Apple Pencil.
- First, pair the Apple Pencil with your iPad.
- Then, launch the Settings app to select Apple Pencil.
- Here, you can adjust Apple Pencil settings.
- Turn on the Only Draw with Apple Pencil toggle switch for drawing or writing.
- Turn on the Scribble toggle switch to handwrite in any text area.
You can even play around with other settings for customizing your Apple Pencil. In the Settings app only you’ll get to check Apple Pencil’s battery life.
Apple Pencil Compatible iOS Devices
Here, I’ve given a chart of iPad devices supported by both the first and second-generation Apple Pencils.
|Apple Pencil 1st Generation||Apple Pencil 2nd Generation|
Tips To To Pair With An iPad
You can try these hacks if your Apple Pencil won’t connect to your iPad.
- Try to restart your iPad and then pair the device again.
- Make sure your device’s Bluetooth connection is always turned on.
- You can tap on Forget this Device under My Devices on your Apple Pencil and then pair it again.
- If you don’t see the Pair option, charge your pencil and then try reconnecting it.
- You can even contact Apple Support if the problem still exists.
On Zoconnects you will get to know much more about similar topics.
Why Is My Apple Pencil Not Pairing?
Your Apple Pencil and iPad need to be able to make a clean connection when you go to pair them through the Lightning port. A dirty or clogged Lightning port could be preventing your Apple Pencil from pairing with your iPad. You’d be surprised at how easily lint, dirt, and other debris can get stuck in a charging port!
How Do I Turn On My Apple Pencil 1?
On an iPad model that supports Apple Pencil (1st generation), remove the cap and plug Apple Pencil into the Lightning connector on your iPad. When the Pair button appears, tap it. Note: After you pair your Apple Pencil, it stays paired until you restart your iPad, turn on Airplane Mode, or pair with another iPad.
How Do I Know When My Apple Pencil 1 Is Charged?
When you attach an Apple Pencil (2nd generation) to your iPad, you see the charge status on the screen for a moment. To see how much charge your Apple Pencil (1st or 2nd generation) has left while you’re using it, check the Today View on your iPad. Just swipe from left to right on the Home screen or Lock screen.
Does Apple Pencil Require Bluetooth?
With Bluetooth off, the Apple Pencil will just work like any ordinary, commonplace, simple, capacitive stylus. When using the Apple Pencil in non-Bluetooth mode/simple capacitive stylus mode, you can’t lay your hand/palm down on the iPad’s screen while using it without Bluetooth.
How Long Do Apple Pencils Last?
Generally, the average Apple Pencil user should replace the tip after every two years, at least.
Can You Turn Apple Pencil On And Off?
Apple Pencil hover is on by default. You can turn the feature off by going to Settings > Apple Pencil and turning off Show Effects when using Pencil. Also in Settings > Apple Pencil, you can turn on Allow Double Tap only with Pencil Hover.
In the above post, I’ve explained how to connect Apple Pencil to an iPad with 1st and 2nd Gen Apple Pencils. Once you’re done working with the 1st Gen Apple Pencil, pull out the device and place the back cap again. Using the Lightning adapter, you can charge your 1st Gen Apple Pencil. However, the second-generation Apple Pencil doesn’t come with a lightning port like the 1st Gen Apple Pencil. But it can be charged by placing it on the magnetic strip of the iPad for at least 5-10 minutes. You can now connect this device via magnet or plug after learning how to connect Apple Pencil to iPad.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BestMoviesIn
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BioCaptions
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BiosWikis
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Caresclub
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CaresGuru